Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting Ready

So welcome to our new blog. This will be my attempt to document our journey to adopt 2 beautiful boys from Russia. I have not done a blog before so bear with me as I figure it out.

As exciting as this is, I am actually overwhelmed with it right now. It's almost time to leave and I feel like I have missed a thousand small details. It is almost 11:30 pm and I haven't packed yet. This week has been a train wreck in terms of things going as planned. From no fewer than 5 separate computer issues at the office (not the least of which is my computer dying and needing to be sent away for repair) to me getting some sort of plague with a throat on fire and a nasty cough (no I don't have strep- I actually went to my MD and had it checked) to 4 hours spent shoveling/snowblowing Wednesday to the afternoon today spent with no power and frantically trying to get an electrician over here because of the sparks and unpleasant burning smell coming from the main breaker switch outside our house. I'm still trying to get the laundry done that I couldn't do earlier. So I am going to keep it short tonight and I will back track in my next few posts and fill in the story for those of you who haven't heard it right along the way.

Good night all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment